March 16, 2009

The greatest short film I've ever seen.



Nothing much to say with this. I remember watching this video, but with different music, years ago. Originally I saw this with Kenna's "hell bent," which is an amazing song, and I've absolutely loved it ever since. But tonight, after watching it again, I found out that it wasn't made for his music video. I read that it was actually a short film, that was nominated for an Academy Award, made by Mark Osbourne, with music by New Order. Never knew that. I think both are great, but I have to love the original more out of respect for the creator, even if "hell bent" is a bit catchier (with great lyrics as well) compared to "Elegia." Just for reference, here's the link to the Kenna version (since it won't let me embed the video):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owS1coeoWEc

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...